Sunday 7 January 2024

Day 7: Walking the path recently trodden

I do finally seem to be emerging from the veil of brain fog that has dominated the first week. Thursday was the worst, any attempt at something slightly cognitive was met with resistance. Ugh. 

This afternoon I wandered to the post office to grab some packing tape. The post office near me is in a corner shop, one of the corner shops I would frequent for beer. Rather sadly there's 4 shops within walking distance that I would rotate, you know in case anyone recognised me and started doing some unit tallying {well done, none of anyone's business anyway - the beer monkey}. 

It occured to me with a pang of regret that perhaps I would no longer complete the short round trip of an evening to collect some booze. Genuine regret, a bit out of nowhere.  But the feelings were mixed with a double shot of guilt - that weird feeling that someone would have been watching, as I strolled to a corner shop on a dark winters evening and somehow join the dots. They're off again to get more booze, how tragic. 

On another note. Hangover free mornings. There's a thing. And it's lovely. More more more of them please. 

Jomnm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 10: Ubiquitous

It really is every. Booze. All around us.  Check the screenshot out below. I was looking around for sober diaries, as I am binging all of th...