Friday 5 January 2024

Day 5 : A Gas Giant looms

Went to my first social gathering and I looked round the room and sure enough people were having drinks. Beers and wines and G'n'Ts. Genuinely didn't fancy one, which was nice.   A lot of those that were drinking were doing it slowly. A sip here, another there. No gulping! Sometimes the drink would move towards their mouth, stop whilst they said something witty, and then return back to it's original position. Not even a sip!  It was kind of strange...watching from the other side. 

Couldn't concentrate this morning at work, getting annoyed by a couple of people for no real reason and then buzzing in the afternoon. Ups and downs. Downs and ups. Here we go. 

Also...kind of grim... I guess my body is righting itself after all the excess. But why does that have to equate to loads of flatulence? Like seriously loads. Grim...but there you go. 

And I am feeling a bit apprehensive. Like, it all feels fine at the moment.  Eerily fine.  But I'm ready for the beer monkey to strike at some point, all cheeky and affable like, and offer up an opportunity to have a drink. But not today monkey, not today. 

Jomnm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 10: Ubiquitous

It really is every. Booze. All around us.  Check the screenshot out below. I was looking around for sober diaries, as I am binging all of th...